Saturday, April 24, 2010

Reflection on Age of Anxiety Powerpoints


The powerpoint presentations that were presented in class for the Age of Anxiety were really interesting. As we went down the list of topics I began to realize that I surprisingly already had a decent amount of knowledge on many of these people. It was not because I researched them before or that I am just knowledgeable about these kind of topics. Instead, I knew many of these topics and people from many of my other classes and it was a surprise to see all the connections that I could make and all the information that I already possessed on these topics. For example, one of the first topics which I really had a strong knowledge of was Albert Einstein and his theory of relativity. Not only had we studied this in physics this year but I also did my graduation project on this. It was very interesting to see Dan's perspective on this topic as he is very eccentric about all things science related. Another topic that I had pre-existing knowledge for was Frank Lloyd Wright. I had learned about him in my three years of drafting classes and in fact I even drew some of his designs. The topic which I had, Paul Cezanne and Henri Matisse, was all new to me. I had fun learning about these significant players in the world of art. In fact I had already seen some of their art before but I never knew that it was by them. One of these artworks was "Woman with a hat" by Matisse.

No comments:

Post a Comment