Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Reflection on Foreign Policy Activity


A few weeks ago we did the "Hitler's Foreign Policy" activity. We are supposedly experts in foreign policy and we had to answer the presented issues to our advantage. I thought this activity was not only interesting but also required some thought. For example, the crisis in Czechoslovakia in 1938 was an issue that Hitler had to deal with. The best choice was for Germany to invade Czechoslovakia because one of the primary goals of Mein Kampf was to destroy the Treaty of Versailles. There are three million German speakers in the country of Czechoslovakia and a victory over the Czechs would finally destroy the Treaty of Versailles. Therefore, it was imperative that I choose invasion. I thought this activity was engaging and a great alternative to our usual class periods. After I had counted up all my total scores, I turned out to be a great leader according to the scale. I hope in the future that we will continue to have interactive activities such as this one which challenge our knowledge of history and foreign policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment