Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nuremberg Trials

Wow, this movie has been quite interesting so far. First off, I would like to say that I think Alec Baldwin plays the role of Justice Jackson extremely well. The way that he crushed Hermann during the part of the trial that was shown today was absolutely amazing. I was captivated by his performance and I really felt the anger that the real Jackson must have felt during the trials. Now, I would also like to praise the actor who plays Hermann. He pulled the part off perfectly. He was clever, and evil with a menacing grin on his face. I at first did not dislike him because he seemed like he was a good man who was caught in the unfair justice system for the losers of war. However, as the trial went on, I began to realize how obnoxious and arrogant Hermann was acting and I realized that he really is a bad guy. The aspect of a trial usually doesn't interest me much but I was captivated by the Nuremberg Trials. The fact that they were willing to give a fair trial to twenty one Nazis was appalling to people at the time. This was the first time ever that losers of war were granted a fair trial and it was meant to set an example for the rest of the world and for future generations. So far this movie has been an intense ride, I cannot wait to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment