Sunday, May 16, 2010

Reaction to the Class

So this entire class has been quite a ride. At the beginning of the year I had no idea what to expect from AP Euro and the dreaded "Maz" because of all the things that I had heard. The first few weeks were a little intimidating, I'm not going to lie. I remember having to memorize all of those presidents and important figures along with their titles and countries that they represented. The homework has been a very distinctive part of this class as there was rarely a time when we did not have it, but it was a taste of what college will be like for us. The tests were good because they were just right, not too hard but not too easy either. I can definitely say that I have learned a lot of information in this class. Now when people ask me the president of Egypt, I can say Mubarak instead of my usual response of "iunno". As the year went on, I got used to the workload and managed to get most of my work in on time. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the roundtable discussions as well as any other activities where we got to debate. It was interesting to see my classmates personify someone from history. Which brings me to the meeting of minds discussion we will be having shortly. I am very excited for that because everyone gets to dress up and it'll be interesting to see each person's take on their character. One of my favorite parts of the course was when we read the power of one. I thought it was a wonderful book and doing the project with my other classmates was fun as well. So overall I thought this class was great and a lot of fun. Even though our work load was more than a typical class, I think it helped me to become more time efficient and also helped me prepare for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment